It is time again for Cochon Heritage BBQ in Washington D.C. and this year the party will be at Union Market's Dock 5 event space. If you have been to any Cochon event with us in the past then you know you are in for an incredible amount of delicious food created by some of the city's biggest culinary stars. We have one of our Ossabaw Island Hogs in the competition with Chef Sam Molavi of Compass Rose Bar and Kitchen.
Here is the info and make sure you click the link at the bottom for discounted tickets!!
One of the country's most fun culinary competitions in North America is being held in Washington D.C. on Sunday, October 4th! Cochon555’s Heritage BBQ is a friendly competition between five hyper-local chefs who each prepare one family-farm-raised heritage pig with global influences. Each chef produces six dishes that celebrate global traditions, old-world cooking techniques and nose-to-tail awesomeness. Guests get to sample the Judge’s Plate, drink quite well, and help us cheer on the chef who hopes to be crowned the BBQ King of Washington D.C.
We wanted to extend you a special discount to save $20 on GA and a $35 on VIP tickets to one of the best culinary events ever! Here's your chance - Save up to $35 a ticket with our special discount by visiting the link below.
Guests enjoy various interpretations on global grilling cultures like Korean BBQ, Japanese Hibachi, Churrasco, Mexican Barbacoa, Kansas City BBQ and Char Siu. The competing chefs include Nicholas Stefanelli of Masseria, Will Morris of Vermillion, Jose Adorno of Graffiato, Sam Molavi of Compass Rose, and RJ Cooper of Rogue 24 returns to the competition after being the first chef to win Cochon555 in Washington DC in 2009. Additional chefs include Erik Bruner-Yang of Maketto, Scott Drewno of The Source by Wolfgang Puck, Zack Mills of Wit & Wisdom, Kyle Bailey of Birch & Bailey, Louis Goral of Rural Society Argentine Steakhouse and Craig Hartman of The Barbeque Exchange.
The all-inclusive event includes samples and pours from well-known winemakers, distillers, barkeeps and food artisans, there are ample amounts of exciting dishes paired with drinks. It all starts with buying a ticket and showing up to Dock 5 @ Union Market for an epic party from 4-8 p.m.
- $80 for GA - Entry at 5 p.m. is all-inclusive tasting
- $165 for VIP - Entry at 4 p.m. allows you to come one hour early and mingling opportunities with the chefs
- When: Sunday, October 4, at 5 p.m. (VIPs are admitted one hour early)
- Where: Dock 5 @ Union Market
DISCOUNT TICKET LINK: http://events.cochon555.com/wdc_bbq_2015_industry
Guests will enjoy…
- 2,000+ pounds of heritage pig, 36 different hyper-local, globally-themed BBQ dishes
- Premium wines, artisan cheeses, sustainable oysters, hand-crafted spirits and cocktails
- Cochon’s new TIKI Bar with Perfect Puree and Breckenridge Distillery
- A Perfect Manhattan Bar, Mezcal Experience, Smoked Old Fashions
- Tasting of The Artisan Cheese Bar from La Fromagerie
- Indulge in our Pop-up Pie Shop presented by Whisked!